So you have an eCommerce site. Now what? One of the most important things you need to do is add your products, of course!
To add a product to your WooCommerce enabled site:
- Login to the WordPress admin site for your website.
- Hover over Products and click on “Add New”.
- Give your product a name.
- Click in the long description box and add as much detail as possible about your product.
- Scroll down to the “product data” section and add your item price, and a sale price if desired.
- If this item has limited stock, you can enable the “Manage stock” checkbox and add the starting quantity of this item.
- When using “Manage stock” you will also want to set the “low stock threshold” so the site will notify you when the stock of this item reaches the threshold.
- Click in the short description and add a shorter description of the item.
- On the right side of the page, click on “Set product image” and either upload a new image for this product or select an existing image from the media gallery. This will be your primary or featured image of the product.
- You can optionally choose to click on “add product gallery images” and select multiple additional product images.
- Select a category to list this product under.
- Click “Publish”.
That’s it! Your new product is now available for purchase on your website.